Tompkins Hall Nursery and Childcare Center
Our school strives to integrate each child's individual development with the experience of belonging to a group. Through creative play with a variety of materials, children develop awareness of themselves and the world around them. We help children to verbalize their feelings and communicate with adults and with peers. Problem-solving, with materials and in social interactions, is integrated into all our daily experiences.
Tompkins Hall is home to a Childcare Center that comprises a Infant/Toddler Room for children up to 19 months and a Twos Room for children 20 months to 2 years, 8 months, and to a Nursery School (preschool) for children 2 years, 9 months to 5 years. In addition, our roof serves as a playground and an organic garden.
The admissions process begins with a visit to an Open House, where you will receive an overview of Tompkins Hall, a tour of the facilities, and all necessary application materials. Tours will be given on designated dates only. Please call the Tompkins Hall office, at the start of October, to schedule a tour.
Due dates for applications are:
- Nursery School (3s/4s): December 31
- Twos Room (Childcare Center): December 31
- Infant/Toddler Room (Childcare Center): January 31
- All applications must be accompanied by a fee of $45.
See our admissions page for more information.
Tompkins Hall thrives as a community in which parents play an important role in their child's school experience. As part of this process, all parents:
- Serve on a committee
- Attend four group parent-teacher meetings
- Attend two individual parent-teacher conferences
- Participate in social and fundraising events
- Participate in one out of three school clean-up days